Undocumented Students

Ireland, Derrynane Dunes - Makenna Breitenfeld

The UC Immigrant Legal Services Center advises undocumented students under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) not to apply for Advance Parole. U.S. Citizenship Immigration Services states that it will not accept or approve requests for Advance Parole at this time. If you apply for Advance Parole now, your application will be rejected and you may lose your filing fee. The UC Undocumented Legal Services can interpret the legal implications of a change in Federal immigration policy and provide advice to undocumented travelers.

If you need further information on the status of DACA visit Undocumented Student Services.

University of California Immigrant Legal Services Center's Contact Information

Lesley Sedano
Legal Fellow
UC Davis School of Law
400 Mrak Hall Drive, Room 1131
Davis, CA 95616
Tel: (530) 574-9414
Fax: (530) 752-3034

UC Santa Cruz Study Abroad and UCEAP are not able to provide any legal advice for undocumented travel abroad.

We encourage undocumented students to look into domestic programs, such as the following programs:

Please note that even though Puerto Rico is a US territory, we advise that students consult an immigration attorney prior to the proposed travel, to inquire about risks related to re-entry as well as potential risks to later DACA renewals.