UCSC Study Abroad cannot provide medical advice regarding the prescription of vaccinations and cannot be held responsible for unannounced health requirement changes.

Some countries have specific vaccination/immunization requirements that need to be fulfilled before departure. There may also be vaccinations that are recommended rather than required, and sometimes this is based on the areas in the country you will be visiting.

It is your responsibility to be aware of vaccination requirements and the most up-to-date health information regarding the locations to which you plan to travel. UCSC Study Abroad cannot provide specific medical advice regarding vaccinations and cannot be held responsible for unannounced health requirement changes.

Please consult the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for specific information and visit your private physician or your campus Student Health Center to get the necessary vaccinations.

Be sure to inform your health professional of any plans to travel to destinations outside of your program itinerary, so that all necessary immunizations can be received prior to departure. Also keep in mind that certain vaccinations have to be administered well before departure (for example, six months prior in the case of Hepatitis A and B).

All shots should be recorded on the yellow International Certificate of Vaccination card that is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO). The vaccination card is often available from your Student Health Center or County Health Department. Students should take the vaccination card abroad with them if they already have one. Even though the host government may not require inoculation records for entry purposes, the card may be useful while traveling outside the host country, particularly in Asia and Africa.